<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8328112\x26blogName\x3dTapscott\x27s+Copy+Desk\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7367331081198796827', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
> > > > >

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Statement from Last Person to See Hinrichs Alive: "The Last Thing He Heard Was Me Whistling 'Great is the Lord'"

Just moments before Joel Henry Hinrichs III was blown up by the bomb attached to his body, he was approached by a man who tried to engage him in conversation. Hinrichs didn't respond and an instant later he was dead.

The individual who last saw Hinrichs released this statement to Tapscott's Copy Desk this morning. His identity and credibility have been established but at his request we are withholding his identity:

"There is a verse in the Bible found in Proverbs 3:5-6 It says: 'Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not on thy own understanding, In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.'

"Saturday night I walked out of the OU stadium with about three minutes left on the clock bringing the game to the half. I am a part-time driver for a bus company and decided to go back to the bus.

"Prior to leaving the game, I sat on a cart and chatted with one of the security guards and would catch a glimpse of the game on the Big screen at the South end of the field. When I decided to leave, I stopped and talked to a very tall gate keeper and another young lady who was also a security officer. I shared with them how great a part God has played in my life.

"From there, I proceeded to the Bus parking area. As I walked up to the buses, I stopped behind a gentleman sitting on the bench at the end of the last bus. I was looking for someone to talk to because that is just who I am.

"He appeared to me to be asleep, so I decided not to share with him about the beautiful new bus I was driving. It was then I made my way toward my bus. While walking, I heard another bus with its engine running and so I decided to see if I could find another driver.

"After taking just a few more steps, I was hit from behind with a huge concussion. It didn't knock me down but it did push me forward. When I turned around, I saw a huge plume of smoke rising from what seemed to me to be coming from the back of the last bus, so I immediately ran to see if there was any danger of a fire.

"When I got to the bus, I found nothing that indicated the bus had exploded. It was only after I turned around that I saw what had really happened. I have been instructed by the FBI not to give out any details of what I saw.

"At the time of the explosion, my ears were ringing and I was somewhat dazed at what had happened but I felt the young man was aware of my presence. It wasn't until Monday of the next week that the Lord revealed to me how he knew I was there.

"While mowing my yard, I was whistling a song our church choir had sung a few weeks back. The song was 'Great is the Lord.' At that moment, I realized how truly God had directed my path. If I had not been whistling, this young man would have never known I was behind him. The last thing he heard was me whistling this tune.

"I don't know anything about this young man but this one thing I know, he was aware of my presence and for what ever reason chose not to harm me. There are a lot of unanswered questions and I have probably said more than the FBI wanted me to say but that is the rest of the story. It is not important to know who I am, but it is very important to understand Proverbs 3:5-6.

"There have been a lot of people trying to find out who I am and again that is not important but telling the story just as it is written is. If you print this article, I ask you to print it in its entirety."