Congressman Calls for Hearing on Possible Foreign Links to 95 OKC Bombing
Rep. Dana Rohrbacher, R-CA., has asked for a congressional hearing on the evidence indicating foreign involvement in the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 169 people.
His request is contained in this March 30 memo from the congressman to Rep. Henry Hyde, Chairman of the House International Relations Committee:
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: Chairman Henry Hyde
FROM: Dana Rohrabacher
DATE: March 30, 2006
RE: Oklahoma City Bombing Hearing
After a twelve-month personal inquiry into the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, I have concluded that there is ample evidence to justify an investigative hearing into this historic crime.
The title of the proposed hearing: Was There a Foreign Connection to the Okalahoma City Bombing?
The official position today, defended by the FBI and Justice Department, is that the OKC bombing, which left 168 persons dead, was planned and executed solely by two disgruntled veterans, Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, with the limited involvement of Michael Fortier.
After my inquiry, I have concluded that others were involved and that information about the bombing is being kept from the public and from the Congress. The jurisdiction of my Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations extends only to the possible international and foreign involvement in the crime.
Even within that framework there is ample evidence to justify an investigative hearing. There are two major targets of inquiry which indicate a foreign connection to the OKC bombing. First, Terry Nichols and, to some degree, Timothy McVeigh appear to have had contact with Arab, Muslim, or Middle Eastern terrorist elements prior to and during the implementation of the bomb plot.
Second, just as significant, there is evidence of a personal relationship between Timothy McVeigh and Andreas Carl Strassmeier, a German national who was promoting violent insurrection to white supremacists at their nearby stronghold called Elohim City.
I have concluded that it is highly likely that the Arab connection and or the Strassmeier connection played a significant role in the planning and execution of the murderous bombing of the OKC federal building.
In both possible scenarios, the official investigation fell short and further investigation has been discouraged ever since.
I propose a one day or two day hearing. Subpoenaing documents and witnesses (Louis Freeh, Janet Reno and Morris Dees) would be immensely helpful. Certainly, the travel expenses for some witnesses will be necessary.
The proposed hearing will present testimony and other evidence about the possible Arab and or Strassmeier connection to the bombing.
List of Possible Witnesses:
* ________________________, owner of the motel where Timothy McVeigh stayed the night before the bombing.
* ________________________, witness who saw second person in truck with Timothy McVeigh.
* ________________________, Secret Service agent who wrote a report indicating the existence of tape from a surveillance camera picking up two suspects leaving the truck before it exploded.
* Laurie Milroy, the investigator who has documented Terry Nichols' rendezvous with Al Qaeda terrorist leader Ramsey Yousef.
* Danny Colson, retired Oklahoma City FBI chief who was taken off the investigation and replaced, now says limits placed on the investigation protected Strassmeier. Calls for new investigation.
* Steven Jones, McVeigh's attorney. Suspects an Arab and Strassmeier connection. Knows more people were involved.
* Carol Howe, former paid undercover ATF informant. Warned of Strassmeier at the time. Has testified of a McVeigh/Strassmeier connection.
* Mark Harmon, Indiana State University studies on terrorism.
* Louis Freeh, former FBI director, to tell us about Strassmeier.
* Governor Keating, Former Oklahoma governor. Totally supports establishment version of OKC bombing.
* Janet Reno, Former U.S. Attorney General, defend her investigation.
* Morris Dees, Director and Cofounder of Southern Poverty Law Center, has information on Strassmeier.
The bombing of the OKC federal building was the greatest slaughter of innocent Americans until 9/11. It is possible there was an Al Qaeda connection. It is possible there was a Strassmeier connection.
There is ample reason to disbelieve the official version of this horrific crime. It is up to us to begin setting the record straight.
War on Terror
Oklahoma City bombing